DataCash was founded in 1996 by entrepreneurs Gavin Breeze and Dave MacRae to solve the payment complexities facing organisations wanting to capitalise on the emerging eCommerce channel.
Fifteen years on, now a MasterCard Company, DataCash has evolved to provide multi-national Merchants and banks with a global gateway to secure multi-channel payment processing and fraud and risk management.
Growing With Your Business
In order to provide a leading, end to end solution for multiple audiences, DataCash has made several strategic acquisitions. Integration of specialist business units has increased our expertise by sector, broadened our offering by international coverage and added value by providing complimentary services such as fraud and risk management.
History of Acquisitions:
- March 2000: DataCash Group listed on AIM London by reverse into Corporate Executive Search.
- June 2006: DataCash merged with Proc-Cyber Services to broaden international payment capability and fraud and risk product set.
- October 2007: Acquisition of EuroCommerce giving access to airline and travel sector including integrations into key reservation systems.
- June 2008: Acquisition of ACK – provider of PoS EFT software in the Cardholder Present market, facilitating multi-channel offering increasingly demanded by retailers.
- September 2008: Acquisition of EasyDebit (now ExperCash), a German payment processor, in order to gain expertise and product capabilities in the specialist German market.
- September 2008: Strategic investment in Smart Voucher, a provider of prepaid vouchers in UK and Europe, that allows cash buyers to pay online.
- January 2009: Acquisition of 76% the 3rd Man – Strategic acquisition providing additional fraud product capability, a strong UK customer base and extensive data. Balance of 24% acquired April 2010.
All acquired companies are now fully integrated into the DataCash Group structure and work to seamlessly provide our partners with solutions fit for their exacting business needs in the following categories:
- Multi–Channel Payment Processing
- International Payment Options
- Risk and Fraud Management
DataCash: A MasterCard Company
In October 2010 DataCash were fully acquired by MasterCard, the most significant milestone in the company’s history to date. This collaboration has presented huge opportunities for international growth and development for DataCash and all of its stakeholders:
- Improved global reach – Utilising MasterCard’s extensive network for speed to market in new regions.
- Further development of fraud prevention tools – Larger pool of shared data, introduction of new technologies, enhanced reporting capabilities
- Rapid product development – Facilitated by increased resource, investment in technology, access to intelligence and market insight and partnership with innovative MasterCard Labs team.
- Global brand backing – DataCash is a MasterCard Company, sitting alongside one of the most powerful brands in the world.
- Continued brand agnostic approach – DataCash continues to process a wide range of payments types and brands, including but not limited to MasterCard payment brands.
MasterCard CEO, Ajay Banga, comments on the rationale behind the acquisition:
“E-commerce represents an important part of MasterCard’s growth strategy, and this acquisition will allow us to provide new services to our acquiring customers, as well as drive increased e-commerce penetration in both existing and new markets. The acquisition of DataCash will expand our already significant e-commerce merchant gateway presence in Asia and Australia to European countries and other high-growth, emerging markets worldwide.”
For full press release detailing acquisition click here.